Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Christmas in July: Altered Lunch Box & Greeting Cards

My Mom just loves my handmade Greeting Cards (blush!)

A few years ago, she asked me to make her some Greeting Cards for a Christmas present.  With Greeting Cards so expensive, this really is a thoughtful gift to give someone.  Especially if that someone is on a fixed income.  So I made an assortment of Greeting Cards that she could use throughout the year.  I made thank yous, birthday, sympathy, just because, holidays and some blank ones too. 
 I found some nice lunchboxes at Oriental Trading Company and altered one to store the Greeting Cards in.  I just covered the lunch box with paper and ribbon.  Tied some coordinating ribbons on the handle and added some embellishments.  It turned out cute and didn't take but an afternoon to do.  Then I filled it with the Greeting Cards I had made.


I'm refilling her lunchbox for one of her Christmas presents, I've been smart and I have been making cards all along this year!





It's still more than 5 months until Christmas - why don't you start making some Greeting Cards today and get a jump start on your Christmas presents?

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love the cards and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the altered lunch tin to hold them all!!! GENIUS idea! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails