Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Christmas in July: Gift Bags

Ever buy the plain white gift bags or wrapping paper at Michael's?  I do! :)  I use them all the time.  Recently, I thought, why not try some mist on them?

I grabbed up some simple supplies:
A gift bag, some scissors, a pen, a scrap 12x12" piece of cardboard and my glimmer mist.

I sketched a quick candy cane.... then decided I didn't like the idea of using that for a mask.  So I sketched some holly instead:

I cut out my holly to make a mask for my mist:


All that was left to do was spray it with my glimmer mist!  Super easy!




Maya Mist would work just as well too. 

Super easy project that took less than 5 minutes!  I am definitely going to be using this same technique on wrapping paper for Christmas this year.  Have you ever used your mist stash to decorate gift wrap?  I'd love to see it if you have!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhh this is AWESOME Amanda!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the holly! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! I love it, I am going to have to try that!! Now I can make bags that match my cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and easy! I will definately have to take my glimmer mist and try this. I'm guessing Sizzix cuts would make this REALLY easy to make the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and so easy! The wheels are churning... I can totally see this for really cute birthday bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops... I think I just deleted my comment. Sorry if it posts twice. These are really cute! I'd said that I'm imagining really cute birthday bags.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails