Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crate Paper's Portrait Collection

One of the most talked-about paper lines coming out of CHA is the Portrait Collection from Crate Paper. The line has a strong retro feel. Think cameos, oval frames, vintage cameras, and large florals. Each of the papers is named for an element of a wedding. For example, Bouquet reminds me of the drapes that used to hang in my grandparents' living room. The papers are all double-sided with a bold pattern on one side and something more neutral on the reverse.

I'm not a bold-pattern sort of person, so when I worked with these papers I went right for the more neutral side. While more neutral, they are still vibrant and interesting. They worked beautifully together. Here is the layout I made:

From Flamingo Scraps: Crate Paper patterned paper; Webster's journaling cards
Other supplies: Bazzill cardstock; ColorBox ink; buttons, lace and "T" unknown

As you can see, despite being named for elements of a wedding, these papers work just fine for other topics, including boy pages. I used the following papers: Honeymoon (top left), Bouquet (top right), June (middle left), Vintage Lace (middle right), Bridesmaid (bottom left), and Pearls (bottom right).

Portrait is a great line. It's beautiful and versatile, and of course, it is the same high-quality that Crate Paper always delivers. I know you'll all enjoy working with it! 

4 comments:

  1. I loveeeeeeeeeeee Crate and I love love love this lo!! ADORABLE photo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sweet page! The papers are very versatile! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page is so sweet. I love how you took a paper collection that is very femanine and made it work perfectly for a little boy. Great layout, and what a little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Cindy -- LOVE it!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails