Monday, March 14, 2011

Layout: Young-Me-Now-Me

I absolutely LOVE Young-Me-Now-Me on zefrank.com.

Contributors select a photo of themselves from their youth and try to replicate it using the same location, clothes, positions, and/or facial expressions. Both the original picture and the current picture are then posted side by side. Some are impressive in their attention to detail and many make me laugh out loud.

A few months ago, I attempted my first Young-Me-Now-Me using a picture of Trevor at 10 months old, cruising along the baby gate at the top of our stairs. I posed him in the same location and position at age 4. Here's the layout I made:

From Flamingo Scraps: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Tim Holtz Grungeboard
Other supplies: BasicGrey cardstock; Pebbles Inc. patterned paper; Americana paint; ColorBox ink;
Marvy Uchida circle punches; buttons unknown.

Based on Sketch #37 by Helen Croft.

I love the result! It's so fun to see how Trevor has changed and grown in the past 3+ years! I'm going to try to remember to pose him at the top of the stairs like this every few years.

For my second Young-Me-Now-Me, I followed the rules and actually used a photo of myself. My 20th high school reunion was last fall. (I'll save you the math and tell you that I turned 39 on March 12.) I went through the old photo albums at my parents' house and found a photo of my friends and me at our 8th grade graduation in 1986. We're sporting some excellent feathered hair and pastel dresses. Too bad you can't see our white hose and pumps! I brought this photo with me to the reunion. With the help of friends who weren't in the photo, six of us posed in the same positions as in the original. What fun!

Emma's Shoppe was perfect for the layout!

From Flamingo Scraps: Crate Paper cardstock, patterned paper and letters
Other supplies: ColorBox ink; Stampin' Up pen; ribbon: Michaels; punch: Marvy Uchida
Inspired by Lisa Swift's "My Dad" scrapbooks etc. May/June 2008

I've got lots of plans for more Young-Me-Now-Me layouts in the near future. There are so many possibilities and they make such fun layouts. I'd encourage all of you to give it a try!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing that website and your fabulous layouts!~*Susan*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN!!! I need to check that place out!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee both lo's!! LOVING all the circles in that first one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this idea Cindy! TFS :) And I love those layouts too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails