Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy National Craft Month!

As you may know, March is National Craft Month. I thought I'd dedicate a post to one of the crafts I've done recently. While I am primarily a paper crafter, I do enjoy all sorts of other crafts!

I have made several crafts over the years using these:


They are quite handy to use as treat holders for birthdays. When Trevor turned 3, he had a Monsters Inc. party. Together, we made "Mike" baskets for all his friends.


My good friend Courteney recently mentioned that she was thinking about a Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday party for her two daughters. She asked if she could have some of my strawberry baskets to hold the party favors. Of course I said yes, then pulled out everything red and green in the craft room to see how I could decorate the baskets.

What fun! I started by weaving a red ribbon through slats of the basket. Then I stamped a strawberry. I added Stickles to the leaves/stem and coated the berry in Glossy Accents. I used a green pipe cleaner to make a handle and tied a dotted ribbon bow at the top. Cute!

From Flamingo Scraps: Stickles- Ranger
Other: stamp- Technique Tuesday; Ink- Technique Tuesday; Ribbon- Offray; Ranger Glossy Accents

Of course, being me, I couldn't stop there. How about cute barrettes for the two birthday girls?

And maybe some strawberry hair clips for all the girls who come to the party?


Napkin holders would be adorable.


What a fun theme! Happy National Craft Month, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. SUCH a fabulous post Cindy -- you are so crafty and talented!!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That strawberry basket is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute, love the mike basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such AWESOME ideas! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the little Mike baskets and everything you have done with the strawberries! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I had a lot of fun making it. Courteney loved it, so I have a feeling I'm going to be making several dozen of these in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, so so cute!! Love the little hair clips the most -- adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails