Saturday, March 19, 2011

Weekend Whimsy: Life in Florida: FLORA

A few weeks ago,  I blogged about the animals so this week we'll take a look at the plants.

Right now the azalea, dogwoods, redbuds and wild plum are in bloom.  It's a great time to be in North Florida if you love to take photos of flowers and plants.
White Azalea

Pink Azalea
Very soon, the citrus trees will be blooming.  I LOVE it when they bloom.  It's usually still cool enough to have the windows open and the spring breeze wafts the heavenly perfume of the orange blossoms inside!
I believe this one is called wisteria.  It will begin to bloom in a few weeks and will continue for most of the summer.
And my amaryllis are already putting out new growth.  By Easter, I will have huge trumpet shaped blooms.
Later in the summer, we will get some hot weather favorites like Hibiscus.
And Bromeliad.....
And Crepe Myrtle.....
I think this one is related to the Bird of Paradise.....
And I don't really know the name of this one!
Anyway, just a few of the Floral beauties we have in Florida!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous flowers and amazing photos of them! Thanks for sharing these! They are inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww! these flowers are all beautiful! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how beautiful Susan.. Spring has finally arrived here in Ontario, Canada I hope no more of the dirty S word yuck had enough to ast me a lifetime hopefully the blooms will sprout soon.

    Hugs
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I can see why you love living there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos!!! It is Wisteria. It's one of my favorite flowers and it's cropping up all over the place around here in Louisiana too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails