Monday, March 21, 2011

Looking for Mojo

Sometimes Mojo just leaves us stranded and we find ourselves in a rut doing the same techniques over and over. I was talking about this with a friend and we decided to do a swap with a challenge to push ourselves to think outside the box.

The mission:

Create a Tag using the #8 Ranger tag in less than 2 hours, with the theme of Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue. This could be taken in the literal sense of products, or even in the sense of techniques. The borrowed could be a technique that you recently learned, or it could be a product that was sent as a RAK (random act of kindness). The new - was defined as any unopened product regardless of how long ago it was purchased.

From Flamingo Scraps:  Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime collection; Prima Cameo Roses; Tim Holtz Vintage Photo, Crushed Olive & Broken China Distress Inks.

Other Products: Seam binding ribbon; vines; Tim Holtz Fanciful Flights Die Cut; Tim Holtz Beveled Fragment; Glossy Accents; Holographic Embossing Powder; Ranger #8 tag; EK Success Sticker; Glass Beads; Stamped Image; LumniArte Twinkling H20s; Blue Glitter nail Polish; My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Helen Stamps



Something OLD - Once Upon A Springtime, pieces of vines, sticker remnants, and vintage buttons all of these items were from the scrap pile.


Something NEW – My Mind’s Eye Stella Rose Stamp, Fragment Charm and cameo roses I grabbed at the last Flamingo Prima sale.

Something BORROWED - The stamped figure of the woman was RAKed to me by a YouTube Buddy, and I painted her with the Twinkling H20s and Glass charms that were also gifted to me.



Something BLUE - The cameo roses were blue, so I decided to paint my girl with the blue color and add Fairy wings that were painted with blue glitter nail polish. Yes read right – BLUE GLITTER NAIL POLISH. The nail polish added a nice sparkle but also acted like a glue for the black parts of the wings. The wings were cut from the Fanciful Flights die by Tim Holtz.

This is a great challenge to jump start the brain because you have to include so many elements in such a small space. Try it for yourself when Mojo leaves you hang’n.

5 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeeeeee all the different elements! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love challenges to help me think outside the box and push me out of my comfort zone. I've never used nail polish on a project- so awesome that you thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Fantastic Post -- it is even prettier in person!!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I had no idea you could use nail plish like that!! BRILLIANT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so incredible. All the elements go together so beautifully

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails