Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Christmas Rosettes and Gift Cones

Merry Christmas in July !  I'm SO excited to be posting  this month because Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the lights, the decorations, the baking, wrapping gifts, and everything else that goes along with it. For this project I made "cones" and rosettes with  papers and brads from the Flamingo Scraps Christmas in July Kit "Traditional" pack, various embellies, laces, and Tim Holtz dies. The dies can be special ordered from Suzanne. These kits are outrageously generous and you can make several projects from each one. By the way, if your impressed that I actually dragged out lights and garland for these pics, don't be. My grandson has an awning of sorts over his bed at my house and we decorate it for Christmas. He loves red so much that he asked to leave them up year round. Told you we love Christmas ! LOL!



Top cone has lace from the large selection of beautiful trims from Flamingo Scraps. The rosette is Echo Park Holly Berry paper from the Traditional collection. Covering for this is  fabric from my stash. Center bling from stash,and dangling bling is Prima.

Bottom cone, the paper is the Lily Bee Designs, Jingle Egg Nog, topped with beautiful Maya Road Tu Tu Tulle in Vintage Buttermilk and Teal.



 
This cone cutie is covered with Echo Park Holly Berry paper, topped with adorable green  Maya Road small organza roses and Tu Tu Tulle in Buttermilk. The poinsettia was cut with a Sizzix die and is available through special order. You can attach pieces of ribbon to these and hang them from your tree,wreath, or whatever suits four fancy. I am going to put edible goodies wrapped in tissue paper, and ties with curled ribbon in mine.


Making these little rosettes was SO much fun! I used Zip Dry as my adhesive because it's easy and fast drying. Don't be intimidated if they keep curling up on you ! I used brads from the paper pack for centers, as well as items from my stash. The large one with the silver paper center has Maya Road Tu Tu Tulle in Buttermilk and Cherry Red around it, and the larger of the red ones has a Maya Road Teardrop Pearl Center on it.

This is what your cones and rosettes will look like when you cut them. I used a scrap piece of chipboard from a paper pack to make the cones more sturdy.. Place your patterned paper on the chipboard so you can cut them together. It will insure that they fit nicely. You can also adhere them together BEFORE cutting, saving a step. You see the flat rosette, with the perforations, making folding into an accordion very easy.

 
 
This is the technique I use for fanning . Once you have your adhesive on one end of the rosette, I place my finger over the middle, spread it out to make a circle, then pinch it together. You will have circles that are cut out with them, so if you want more stability, put adhesive on the circle, center your rosette, fan it out, pinch ends together, and press.
 
 


I can't wait to show you what other goodies I'll be making with the papers from the Christmas In July Kit -Traditional. You'll want to see what I have in store for you to keep the kiddies involved and happy as well. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter, "Like" us on FB, and follow the blog for more Holly Jolly got ideas from out talented design team.



Until next time !!

Kathleen


 

 

8 comments:

  1. just beautiful Kathleen!!! Love all the trims and laces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Way to go pulling out the Christmas lights too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them. They are so pretty on greenery. Any one else sing Christmas Songs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Oh my goodness is it christmas already??

    ReplyDelete
  5. how adorabele, love them!
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails