Monday, July 29, 2013

 
Tis the season for angels, Christmas trees, presents, and snow! It's Luann again for a fun gift that anyone can make from the heart and give as Christmas present.

I used a combination of the Christmas in July Kits in Traditional and Bright. I also used one of the awesome Prima – Julie Nutting Mix Media Doll Stamps with the Wings that I paper pieced with the Christmas in July Kits. You can get the Julie Nutting Mix Media Doll Stamps from Flamingo Scraps Shop….you will love them!


 
 




I stamped the doll on a neutral colored paper from the Bright Kit and chipboard (1 each) and cut out. Stamp the pair of wings three times from the paper (I used Bright) and cut out. I did paint translucent media on the wings to make them sparkle. Now, select how you want to dress the doll and paper piece. I used Copic Markers to color her hair and cheeks. When the doll was dressed I scanned her into my computer as a picture, mirror imaged the picture, printed on to white cardstock and cut out (this is the back).




 Glue the wings to each doll. I made a doll sandwich with the chipboard in the center using pop dots. On the bottom I folded a small piece of chipboard around the center doll’s shoes and glued for the binder clip to attach. I did put a dab of glue on the binder clip and chipboard piece on the doll to hold in place. 


I scanned and made two mirror images of the Christmas tree sticker from the Traditional Kit on card stock. After fussy cutting the trees I folded each down the center (including the sticker) and glued together at the sides. Then I decorated with the light string and presents stickers from the Traditional Kit. I did the same for the rocking horse sticker (only one mirror image) .


I separated the top from the bottom of the small box. I glued the box lids to the middle of the lid of the jar (flat surface up) with E6000 glue and glued the rocking horse between the lids. Then I glued the Christmas tree to the thread spool and glued to one of the boxes. I glued the binder clip with the doll on the other box lid. Glue the fluffy snow to the lid of the jar and let all this dry over night. (Note: You could use the Melissa Frances Frogs that are available atFlamingo Scraps) .


Assemble by putting the glitter into the jar and very carefully placing the lid on the jar. Tie or glue a ribbon around the bottom and turn the jar on the lid. What a wonderful gift to give. I’m thinking about using this as a centerpiece on a table for Christmas.

I hope you enjoyed my Noel Angel Globe and will make a globe for Christmas this year. Let your imagination be your guide.

Merry Christmas in July,

Luann
Clean glass jar (I got a gallon jar from Wal-Mart because of the wings and the height of the doll) with lid
Flamingo Scraps’ Christmas in July Kits ( I used both Traditional and Bright)
Prima-Julie Nutting Mix Media Doll and Wing Stamps or a stamp of your choice
Fluffy Snow
Glitter
Binder clips
Chipboard or heavy cardboard
White card stock
Ink pad
Pop Dots
Small box (like a gift box for a Christmas Pin)
Small thread spool

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Luann!! I am loving making these globes and LOVE your take on it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luann what a great use for the Prima dolls. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails