Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fun To Make & Fun To Get Christmas Tags

Hello All!
I am back today with four different tags for our Christmas in July fun!
Up first, is a fun tag that I made using the patterned paper from the Traditional Red and Green kit, a piece of transparency and a couple of punches.  I started out by cutting the patterned paper and transparency into a tag shape.  Next, I punched out 15 green triangles and one gold star from some gold vellum that I had in my scrap pile, and glued them into a tree shape onto the transparency tag.  I cut a "trunk" for my tree from a scrap of textured brown card stock, and then added a few rhinestones that I cut apart from a Prima embellishment to act as ornaments for my tree.  To finish this tag, i just layered the transparency on top of the patterned paper and secured them together with a bit of flashy ribbon.

Next up, I cut a base of solid colored card stock and rounded the corners.  Then I stamped a lacy design and heat embossed with holographic embossing powder to give the background a little more interest.I added this great Santa card stock sticker mounted on red card stock and adhered it with Pop Dots.

 For this tag/card, I decided to make it more card-like, but instead of folding it in half, I folded it a little off of half and placed a strip of the green dot paper where it could be seen when the card was closed.  I thought this gave it a little more interest.  The sentiment on the front is a great chipboard element that comes in the pack in the kit.

Lastly, I made this quick tag using some basic red card stock, another piece of the scrap gold vellum, my Martha Stewart Stars Anywhere punch, and some more of those adorable card stock stickers that come in the kit.  
I hope these have inspired you a bit to make a few tags for those special gifts for the upcoming holiday season!!  Also, if you are interested in the Melissa Francis Floral Frog that I have used to hold the tags up for pictures, Suzanne has those available as well in the store!

Until next time!
Alicia

3 comments:

  1. Just adorable Alicia!!! Love love love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Alicia!!! I love your tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree is awesome ! These tags are so beautiful they could be ornaments ! Great project !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails