Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yummy Christmas Cookie Lay Outs

Hello, Flock! Genie here, and I've made a couple of scrapbook layouts with Christmas photos. I don't know about you guys, but I never seem to get my Christmas photos scrapped. I think the quantity is just overwhelming! So I thought I'd use this opportunity to scrap a few photos that I've had printed for ages! For both layouts, I used the Traditional Christmas kit from the Big Pink Bargain Bin, only adding a little Stickles and some Thickers. :)
We bake a lot of cookies every year, and the ones we make with the cookie press are always my daughter's favorites (although she prefers to eat the other kinds!).
 
 
 

I love to use a sheet of paper for a border, but hate the waste. My secret is that I cut out the center of the piece being used as a border. Here, I've added it back in as a kind of photo mat. Here's my other dirty little secret--I am a TERRIBLE journaler! I will add some in on the middle strip once I figure out how old these photos are. I added a border sticker, some of the cute chippies, a row of brads, and a title. This one was pretty simple and came together quickly once I'd decided what I wanted to do.
A few years ago (it was five, if you'd really like to know how long I've procrastinated for), my mom gave me an old photo to restore. I did the restoration artwork and printed out copies for mom and my aunt, uncle, and grandmother, but never did anything with my copy. I decided that this beautiful traditional kit was a perfect opportunity to scrap my vintage photo. I love this photo of my mom as a child! (and how about that wallpaper, with matching valance??)
 
 
 
 
 
I used a different border trick this time; I had about half a sheet of the red and white polka dot paper left from my canvas, but I really wanted this for a border. I cut 2" strips and glued them together to form a square, and then put my border punched sheet on top. I doodled around the page (I used a ruler on the straight sections). Simple embellishments, and a little Stickles, and I'm very happy to be able to add this to an album. :)
Thanks for reading my posts. It is always fun to play with the Flock!

Genie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails