Tuesday, April 6, 2010

BAYBERRY BANNER!!!!

A couple of weeks ago, Flamingo Scraps helped host a fabulous weekend scrap retreat and I was actually able to get some scrapping done!!!  Along with some layouts, I made this fun banner using a Maya Road Canvas Album and some of the gorgeous Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage.  Inspired by Nancy's beautiful anniversary banner and, of course, by my new best scrapping companion, Lisa Pace's Delight in the Details, I began to play!

The Maya Road Canvas Triangle Album is great as an album, but I took it apart and used a page for each letter.    In addition to the Bayberry Cottage paper, I used the coordinating Flip Notes, Prima Essentials Flowers, Stickles, Fancy Pants trim and mini ric rac, Flamingo Scraps pom pom trim, punches, brads, Prima Flower Centers, misc. chipboard letters, inks, Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Picket Fence, Maya Mists, and stitching (yes, I took my sewing machine to the crop!).  I made a triangular template a little smaller all round than the pages to preserve the rustic feel of the frayed and stitched canvas edges.
I don't know when I have loved a collection as much as I adore this Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage!!  A wonderful surprise was how well the Prima Rebellious Essentials coordinated with the papers.  And the Flip Notes are definitely not just for journaling -- I pop taped these for dimension!!  The chipboard letters are inked in lime and blue, inked the edges in black for a pop against the papers, and misted them with Iridescent Pearl Maya Mist.  A little bling, stickles, Flamingo Scraps rick rack (a perfect blue and available soon in the store), some great Fancy Pants green lace, a little machine stitching,  and I was on to the next piece!
More of the Flip Notes, black pompom trim, grab bag lace, rick rack, and some decorative brads make up this section.  The "R" was inked in rhubarb, then topped with Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Picket Fence!

The last piece has a punched paper border, some contrasting bling, and a Prima Artistry Blossom inked in Prussian Blue!
Easy as pie, I threaded grosgrain ribbon through the grommets in the album pages and Flamingo Scraps has a jazzy new addition to our scrap studio!!

Thanks for Looking!
Suzanne

4 comments:

  1. your banner is simply adorable. the bits of lace and bling are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your banner it's so full of all kinds of wonderful details. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your banner is just darling! I love all of the goodies you used and the colors are super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails