Friday, April 16, 2010

Welcome and a Quick Resist Tutorial



First off, to all of you who are here from the Live with Prima, Marion Smith show tonight...  Welcome....and we will have the kits up, in store, tomorrow.  We are beyond thrilled to have partnered with Live with Prima and Marion Smith and look forward to getting to know all of you more.

Today, I thought I would share with you a layout of my daughter, and a quick tutorial using Distress Inks.  I have had the new Webster's Pages sitting on my desk, waiting for the perfect photos to use some with.  I came across a new challenge site on Ning, saw the color scheme and new exactly what I wanted to do.

Flamingo Scraps products:  Webster's Pages:  Lullaby Collection, Dreamland.  Prima Marketing Flowers: Symphony Blend, Calcutta Blue, Calcutta Mini's Porcelain, Mini Roses, E-line Bling, Pebbles.  Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar.

The colors were perfect with her outfit, and the Prima flowers really helped brighten the soft papers.

I made the two inky blocks with distress inks, white acrylic paint, and a couple of stamps.


I started with painting my stamps with the acrylic paint.

I then stamped the image onto my cardstock block.
I know, it is hard to see, but trust me, it is there.

I then began layering the distress inks onto the paper.  I started with the lighter colors and worked my way darker, going back to add bits of other colors as needed, till I got the look I wanted.

You can see the the paint resisted the distress ink.  I took a slightly damp paper towel and wiped the surface to remove any excess ink from the stamped image and....

Give it a try.  I know you have some stamps and acrylic paint lying around.  And we have all your favorite Tim Holtz distress inks in the store now.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs.

Nancy

3 comments:

  1. What a GORGEOUS LO (gorgeous subject!) and a really terrific technique lesson!! You are sooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh awesome tutorial, and love the finished result!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Please do more distress tutorials Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails