Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wanna win?!

Have you seen the Spring Challenge Blog Hop on Sketchy Thursdays this week?!  Well.... Flamingo Scraps is sponsoring not one, but TWO fabulous scrappy prize packs for the challenge!!  I took one look at the sketch and knew it was perfect for a layout I've been brainstorming for a few weeks.  Banners seem to be all the rage right now.  Now me?  I just do not have a place to put one in my house at the moment, so I knew that if I wanted to do a banner it would be a mini one on a layout!  At some point I decided it wouldn't be a banner so much as a clothesline.... add the sketch and this was the result!

From Flamingo Scraps: pink paislee 365 degrees collection patterned paper, ranger glossy accents (to glue down the clothesline!)
Other supplies: making memories mini alphas, american crafts thickers, ecru embroidery thread, date stamp
Color photo taken by Jen Skibo, Passion for Life Photography

Hands down, one of my favorite layouts I've created to date!  Maybe it has something to do with the super gorgeous picture my cousin Jen took (Thanks Jen! Check out her other gorgeous pictures here).... or the happy colors from the pink paislee 365 collection.... or the sketch.... but I ♥ this layout.    I sketched out the shirt and pants on a piece of scrap paper, cut them out and used them as a template.  I had a pen boo-boo on the cute journaling die cut from the set and had to get creative.  I used it as a template to cut another out of a scrap of red patterned paper, glued it down on the die cut to give it a layered look.  Then added a circle cut from a scrap of light blue patterned paper that I distressed.

So hurry on over to Sketchy Thursdays to play along using this fabulous sketch!!


You have until Sunday, April 18th at midnight (EST) to link your entry.  Two randomly drawn participants will win some fabulous scrappy goodness from the big pink bird!!  Good luck!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this page!!! Too cute! And a huge thanks to Flamingo Scraps for sponsoring!!! We love you ladies!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, cute layout. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute Amanda -- Fantastic LO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the clothes line Amanda! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails