Thursday, August 5, 2010

CHA Sneak Peek: Suzanne's Favorites

Now it is my turn to opine on my fave releases from CHA Summer 2010.  I certainly agree with Susan and Amanda that two of the real standouts are Steampunk Debutante from Graphic 45 and Parisian Anthologie from The House of Three for Pink Paislee.  Not only are these two collections visually stunning,  Debutante taps into the emerging Steampunk trend in scrapping and Anthologie is based on the concept of altering -- EVERYTHING!  Very exciting!  However, I thought I would focus on some of the releases that haven't received quite so much press, but are nonetheless stunning and innovative.

Flamingo Scraps is adding a number of new companies to its repertoire this season and two offer FABULOUS collections I can't wait to get my hands messy with.   The first is Teresa Collins Designs' NOEL.  I just LOVE the color palette of Christmas Red and Sooty black with punches of golden yellow -- tradition with an edge!  The damask patterns, dots and stripes, the to-die-for sheet music pattern and the use of numbers and words as patterns all make for a stunning, and versatile, holiday release!



When I started scrapping, Basic Grey was my biggest vice -- I had to have two of each collection pack because I could barely bring myself to use their gorgeous papers.  As I expanded my scrappy horizons, Basic Grey was still the iconic paper company, and they do not disappoint with their release Curio.  Vintage nature images meet that distinctive BG flair for patterns and color combinations for a truly stunning offering!


As always, Webster's Pages has GORGEOUS releases and two of their collections Hollywood Vogue and Sweet Seasons, make my favorites list.  Though still in the Webster's style we all love, these two collections have bold, bright color palettes and some fabulous imagery!


And well, I won't even get into the embellies and alterable items we have seen at 7 Gypsies, Tim Holtz and Maya Road -- They deserve a separate post all their own!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE with the Noel collection too!!! I see my Christmas cards coming from that in the near future!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I know I am IN LOVE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're adding BasicGrey. I love their stuff- I can't wait to get my hands on
    'Wander.'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails