Saturday, August 14, 2010

"Take Along" Mini Album

Tis the Season......for REUNIONS!!!  I don't know about y'all, but around here in August, family and class reunions abound!!  This treasured picture was taken this past weekend during festivities surrounding my 36th High School Reunion!!!  These ladies and I have been friends for close to 50 years, starting in first grade, continuing through elementary school, and graduating together in 1974!

AND, for all those years, teachers were frustrated as to how to separate us on seating charts to keep us from talking, giggling, and passing notes in class.  You see, the classic fair way to seat kids was alphabetically, but that simply didn't work with us -- we were Parker, Pickens, Pierce, Pigue, and Benchoff (well Gayle was a row over!).  We were so blessed to be together again (in alphabetical order!) after so many years!!!!

So much for my reminiscing!  Everyone likes to take pictures at these events, but sharing photos is a special part of catching up with friends and family you haven't seen for awhile.  Inspired by Cari F.'s fabulous mini album workshop at CHA, I made a small "take along" album for the reunion to show off my family!  It was fun, quick and easy, and thanks to Cari's fantastic ideas, a really unique way to share photos!
Album Cover

This is the album fanned out from the front
The base of the album is 3 1/2 x 3 inch acrylic sheets that I cut from a 12x12 sheet of acrylic and attached them with a binder ring tied with miscellaneous ribbon and lace.  I used scraps of Prima, Webster's Pages, and Pink Paislee patterned papers and some vintage sheet music for my pages.  The gorgeous double-sided papers made using the acrylic a cinch!   The letters and embellies are Prima -- Symphony Accesso and miscellaneous mulberry flowers, Pastiche glitter stickers, leaves, and, of course, bling including some Maya Road chandelier beads.  Completed, the album is just the right size to fit in your purse or pocket.
And this is the album fanned out from the back

This has got to be my favorite page, not just because it shows my wonderful nieces and nephews, I just LOVE Cari's idea of using flowers as the background for a page!

This is the back cover, which could easily hold another picture!  And if you don't have a reunion in the offing -- these are great share books for parents and grandparents and would make great stocking stuffers!

I think I am going to have to make another so that I can share pictures from the reunion with my family!

Thanks for looking!!

6 comments:

  1. This little album is adorable!!! I love the title placement on the cover, every page has gorgeous details and the colors are perfect!!
    Love it all!!
    xoxo Cari

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this! Love Love the flowers and colors and oh my I need to go work on one myself.
    I love to give these as gifts don't you?
    Looks like some of the Pink Paislee paper I used on my layout today, aren't those papers yummy?
    Thanks for sharing and reminiscing with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! I love love love love that mini!!!!! GORGEOUS colors and loving the big flower! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture and a beautiful album Suzanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Pink Paislee & what a great little allbum for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mini is adorable! Isn't it great to have life long friends? I still get together with highschool friends and we have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails