Friday, August 27, 2010

Guest Blogger Heather: Lily Bee Audrey

A few months ago I searched high and low for a snow themed paper collection that would match the photos of my son playing in his jacket. The problem with that was that most of the snow themed papers were pink and purple! They wouldn't work at all. So I started looking for individual papers that would work, and I came across the Lily Bee Audrey paper line in the Flamingo Scraps shop. The bright yellow and navy blue couldn't have been more perfect. I also ordered the coordinating navy and yellow e-line flowers.

Here is the first layout that I created with the collection:
From Flamingo Scraps: Lily Bee Audrey patterned papers, Prima e-line flowers and bling
Other supplies: American Crafts Thickers (now in the store!!)

It came together quickly and easily! To add an extra frosty feel to the layout, I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the top of the white foam Thickers. As you can see, even though the papers could be considered girlie and the patterns to floral for a Winter/Boy layout... it totally works!

The second layout is one of me. I just happened to notice while pulling the photos for the previous layout that the burgundy paper exactly matched my fence in the photos. I ended up scrapping a photo of me in the snow. I live in Southern Louisiana, so snow is a BIG deal!

From Flamingo Scraps: Lily Bee Audrey patterned papers, Prima bling, stickles
Other supplies: Making Memories alpha stickers

As you can see, I repeated the Stickles on the title again. It worked well on top of the white velvet alphabet stickers. I added Stickles to the snowflakes and pearl bling to the centers.

My entire point behind this post is to remind you not to get stuck in a rut using themed papers! If the colors work, go for it! You may just end up with an even more lovely end product. You can check out the Audrey papers in the Flamingo Scraps store here.






We thank Heather for sharing even more of her fantastic work with us!!  To view more of her layouts and read about her adventures of three adorable kiddos, check out her blog

7 comments:

  1. Great Layouts and Great Advice! Thanks Heather! Just for fun, all Lily Bee products are now 30% off at Flamingo Scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are GORGEOUS!!! I love love love love the colors and loving the snowflakes in that second one! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, you are one of my MOSTEST Favoritest LO artists of all time! Learn so much from you... thanks! :-)
    alecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pages Heather! Thanks so much for sharing. I love Lily Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the awesome comments girls! I appreciate them! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you pulled the colors in the photos to bring your design together! Those Lily Bee papers are awesome and so are your LOs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your advice to look beyond themed papers to create a look that works. Great LO's!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails