Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A New Branch on the Family Tree

As my family prepares for another little one to enter the picture, I wanted to get started scrapping photos from our family photoshoot back at Easter.  My cousin Jen is a photographer and was volunteered to take photos of my grandparents with their children, grandchildren (my generation) and great-grandchildren (including my nephew).  It was a fun time and we were only missing two people, my brother Tom and our cousin Sara!  Well some of the spouses were MIA, including my own, but the actual relatives were mostly present and accounted for. :)
From Flamingo Scraps: Fancy Pants Wishful Thinking collection patterned papers and element stickers; Maya Road noah chipboard alphabet ("family tree") and butterflies; Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in coffee shop; Prima pink say it in pearls
Other Supplies: Basic Grey Urban Prairie patterned paper (scraps used on butterflies) and rubon swirl; Martha Stewart butterfly punch and tourmaline glitter; doodlebug design simply sweet rubons in bon bon; sewing machine+thread; brown fine point sharpie marker
Everytime I look at these pictures I laugh because I remember my Aunt Cindy saying at the time "it's like hearding puppies."  Yeah... six of them under the age of 4 and of the six, three of them were less than 4 months old in this photo!  It was amazing to get one picture with no kid crying and the three older ones all looking in the general direction of the camera.  Fun to think that lucky #7 of the new generation, my soon-to-be-here niece Abby, will be in the next family photo!!

Now that I've started scrapping them, I'm sure I'll be back soon with more of these beautiful photos on layouts!  In fact, I'll be back tomorrow with one more layout! :)

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love this Amanda!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that photo and loving the heart and butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! my family is like that, my parents are going to have 8grandchildren by Christmas and 6 will be 3 and under! Pity we live in opposite hemispheres though, I'd love a photo like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout. And I love this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful. Its so soft and delicate looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO. It's wonderful having a photographer in the family- she does great work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails