Saturday, August 21, 2010

My First Old Page Maps Challenge

I joined the Weekly Old Page Maps Challenge on Scrapbook.com this month.  And then things got busy and the Layouts are due this week and I only got two done :(

But that's two more layouts than I had this time last month so that's good :)

I'd like to share those layouts with you.  The first one is from this page map

 I've been trying to use existing photos in an effort to clean out and organize the photo box under the bed.  So this is a 5x7 of my daughter when she was about 6 months old.
Sorry for the lousy photo!  For some reason, we couldn't get this one to scan right!

I used Sassafras Lass' Indie Girl papers.  They are so cute and each page has a border on the reverse side of the UPC - thanks for being value conscious Sassafras Lass!  Of course the edges are inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and the one paper edge is punched using Martha Stewart's Loopy Border Punch.  I added some pizzazz to the Bengali Bloom by Prima by adding some Stickles to the center and on the petals.

The second layout is from this page map

The photos are of my niece Katherine.  When she was a baby, she always had that pacifier in her mouth!  It seems like every photo I have of her, she has a pacifier.

I used Upsy Daisy's A New Day collection papers for this.  So cute!  I love the colors and the clean lines.  The patterned papers remind me of calico.  The flower centers are the fabric brads from A New Day collection.  There's a little Prima bling and some Navy Blue Velvet Mini Ric Rac.  The red alphas are from Pink Paislee's Starlight collection.

I have enjoyed participating in this challenge and my thanks to Nati Tristan for hosting it so capably each month!  I'm looking forward to the September challenge.

By the way, Upsy Daisy's A New Day collection (and London Blush!) is on clearance at Flamingo Scraps!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan! Love Page Maps! The colors you chose work so well together, love both LOs! Your daughter is such a cutie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are GORGEOUS Susan!! I love love love love love those flowers you used on these! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pages Susan! Good for you using those older photos and too funny about your niece and her pacifier!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting the layouts done, they are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails