Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bayberry Cottage Chrysanthemum Flower Tutorial

So yesterday I showed you my travel journal.  Today, a quick little tutorial to show you how I deconstructed this die cut paper from the Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage line and turned it into a flower:


Carefully cut off the circles.  I trimmed all the cirles off and got two flowers out of the deal:



Cut or punch a circle out of cardstock or the patterned paper, about 2" in diameter (or whatever size you want!).  Then glue the pieces down in a spiral starting on the outside edge:



Finished it with a Prima e-line pearl in the center and glued it to my cover.


Even had enough left over to make a second smaller one for the inside:


For this one, I used a circle from the corner as the base and glued the smaller circles in a tiny little spiral.  So easy! 

These flowers are so cute and could easily be repeated with any piece of patterned paper and a small circle punch.  I can only imagine how fabulous these flowers would look using the turquoise side of this piece of patterned paper from the Webster's Seaside Retreat collection:


Or the pink plaid patterned paper from the Webster's Lullabye Lane collection:


Happy chrysanthemum making!





PS - If you make one, please share it with us. We'd love to see it!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails