Monday, May 10, 2010

Tutuorial: Painting Resin & Flowers with Maya Mist

A quick little tutorial to start the week!  So I pulled out all the supplies for my layout:
Supplies used from Flamingo Scraps:  Webster's Bloomer; Prima Entredeux stitched paper, white say it in pearls flourish, white fairytale roses, love story kissing pink flowers, maya mist cotton candy metallic and iridescent pearl

Up first, painting the resin.  Easy, just grab your bottle of mist, unscrew the cap and dip in your paintbrush.  I left the flourish on the plastic and painted it carefully.


I used cotton candy metallic maya mist and carefully painted the resin roses.  The resin works great with the mists because the mist is water based and it will soak right into the resin.  Spill a little on the bling?  Just wipe it off and it won't stain your pearls or crystals!



Up next were my white prima roses, which I sprayed a little water on.  Easier to get the flowers wet first before applying the mist with a paint brush.  Helps the mist spread easily down the petals to the center:

When I was done painting, the flowers looked like this:

A quick spritz with some iridescent pearl maya mist and they were ready to embellish my layout.




I love how this layout of my daughter Jessica's senior picture turned out.  It went together so quickly with all these fabulous embellishments from Prima and Websters.  Check back on Wednesday to see a layout Amanda made using the same technique to dress up a smaller say it in crystals flourish from Prima.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails