Sunday, May 16, 2010

Scraptathlon Challenge - Week #1

Amanda and I are in this fabulous challenge on Scrapbook.com that is hosted by our dear friend Kia.  It is called Scraptathlon and this is the 8th year Kia has hosted it!  Kia gives us weekly challenges inspired by song titles and we have to scrap a layout within the parameters of the challenge.  For week #1, the song title was "My Old School" by Steely Dan.  The challenge was to scrap a layout using Kia's old school colors of green and gold.  The only other colors allowed were black and white (other than colors in the photo(s)).  Also, the theme of the layout had to be something school related.

Green is my favorite color and green and gold a favorite color combination - this layout went together in a snap!  I used my daughter's junior year photo from high school.  I am determined to use this challenge to scrap a lot of old photos I have already printed!  I Maya Misted the circular die cut behind the photo as well as the off white ribbon pleat.


 Flamingo Scraps supplies used:  Bayberry Cottage ribbon pleats, Prima Marketing Gossamer Wings Fern, Cloisonne Flowers Green and Gold, E Line Pearls & Crystals Sunflower, Pink Paislee Summer Soiree Collection papers, Daisy Bucket Little Black Dress Collection border strip, Maya Road Maya Mist Gold Metallic.  Other supplies used:  Green Bazzill cardstock, Rhonna Ferrar die cut sheet.

Our plan is to post our Scraptathlon layouts every weekend.  Amanda went digital for her take on the week #1 challenge but will be posting with me for week #2.  What's the week #2 challenge you ask?  We'll let you know next weekend!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails