Thursday, May 20, 2010

Are you ready to mist?

All right, grab that cup of coffee and get ready for all things mist in honor of the fact that as of yesterday, Flamingo Scraps is carrying Glimmer Mist!

First up, a few of our favorite projects past using mists:

Susan's gift wedding album for her sister.  See that red cover?  That's mist coated chipboard!  So much easier than covering with patterned paper!  Read more here.  And I can't forget to include this:

Suzanne's fabulous scrap banner!  It's hard to see from this angle, but the letters were finished with a coat of iridescent pearl maya mist!  You can see more pictures and read about it here.

Up next, a few misting tips that I posted, that I keep going back to:

Using mists and Maya Resist to make my own patterned paper.


And of course, there's the stash: 

I store my mists in this basket.  Mostly because it's small and I hope it will limit my addiction!  And because I'm type-A.... here's my OCD way of organizing what colors mist I have in the stash:


I have found the swatch book I created to be the most useful tool on my desk when trying to decide what color matches my project!
Finally, my favorite Glimmer Mist colors just added to the store:  Sweet Clover


And Susan's favorite: Starfish

And Suzanne's favorite:  Tattered Roses


So tell us... what are your go-to mist colors?  We are always on the hunt for recommendations for new colors to add to our stashes!  And we'd love to see your projects you've made with Maya Mist or Glimmer Mist, so share a link and we'll come on by to leave ya some love!

3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS post A -- we are so excited to be carrying Tattered Angels!!! and stay tuned for more great TA news from Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and my fave is tattered rose!!! I love pink anything LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails