Saturday, September 7, 2013

3-D Tissue Box

I am so ready for fall, cooler weather, and college football. Our Grands started school the end of August, but we are still having a few days with temperatures in the triple digits. As kids in Michigan, when we started school, we normally had long sleeves or a light sweater on. Not here in Fort Worth. This is my first summer living here, but I have heard the heat doesn't give us a break until October. I am ready for some open windows and a cool breeze.

My allergies have gone nutty since living here too. One day as I was reaching for a tissue, I stopped and looked at the box, and tons of ideas went racing through my scrappin' brain. Grabbing a ruler, paper, and pencil, within minutes I made some vague measurements and a trial run template. After a few tweaks to my measurements, I was ready to start my projet.

I again used the "Winter Fun" paper collection from Flamingo Scraps. This is a heavy designer cardstock and I thought a 3D project would be perfect. This month you can get a fantastic deal on these papers, dozens of other papers, and embellishments during the Warehouse Sale

After cutting my papers to size, I used two Spellbinder dies to create the openings in my top layers.


I inked all my edges on each layer using Prima's Dark Rust ink, and then scored and assembled the box






I  covered all four sides of the tissue box and then used a lace border punch to cut out a strip to add under the lid over the top of the side panels.


I was really pleased with how quickly the box came together. Other than my estimated measurements, matching the lace trim to meet on the sides was the most time consuming. I chose not to add any embellishments on the box. I thought the pretty paper and lace trim spoke for themselves. This was a very easy and quick project - definitely one I will make again. This would be adorable too, for a teachers desk using school papers. Hmmmmm... might have to make two of these for my Grands as teacher's gifts! 



Here is the finished project. I really love how it turned out. Enjoy!


To follow the Flamingo Scraps Blog please click here.
For the Facebook group click here, and to shop please click here.

Happy Scrappin!!


6 comments:

  1. Cheryl!! this is FABULOUS!!!! gave me some ideas for Christmas prezzies as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne. I really enoyed playing with this beautiful paper.

      Delete
  2. I am so in love with this paper collection! This just adds to it! Awesome Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea, I love this and with Christmas and winter (cold & flu season) around the corner what an amazing little gift as is or decorated for the season. And along with this beautiful collection so many others come to mind. Is the template and measurements posted anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to find my measurements Debbie. Email me at carbo5249@aol.com and I will forward them to you. I am making a shabby chic one for a friend this week. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails