Friday, September 27, 2013

Crisp and Fun Fall Projects From the F4 Team

Every month when I look at the F4 projects I think, "Oh! That's cool, I would have done this or that. Hmmm..I could have done that but put this this on it". It's a lot like watching a game show at home and getting all the answers right, but when you actually get onto the show, your brain goes somewhere else.

These are the materials our beloved flock leader gave us to create with this month:

  • A 12x12 piece of double sided  paper,
  • A chipboard truck,
  • A glittery pumpkin,
  • A price tag embellishment.

I am always amazed at what everyone comes up with. Here are the ideas from four of our flock members. Enjoy, and I hope we were able to inspire you as well.

GENIE'S PROJECT :



My 10-year-old daughter's best friend actually gave me this idea. Holding the little pumpkin, she said "You should make a little fall centerpiece!" The idea stuck with me, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate the truck chipboard. Suddenly, inspiration hit. It'll be a pumpkin truck, and I'll fill it full of candy!
It took some trimming and re-trimming, but I finally got a little box made to attach to the truck, using the backing from an old paper stack. I used the truck as a model to cut wheels so it could stand up, and then made a strip to fit the length of the truck. I measured 2" on each side of the "body," scored the corners and then 1/4" in from the sides to make tabs to attach to the truck. I cut a bottom the same way, and then taped and glued it in. I covered my little truck in paper, doodled the window, door, and bumpers, and added a few buttons for wheels and lights. Finally, I thought the 5 cent flair was the perfect finishing touch, attached to a Popsicle stick on the back of the truck.


 RAMONA'S PROJECT :



"Wow!" was all I could say when I saw this month's Flamingo 4 products. Yes, I started out in one direction, but ended up going another.That's what I love about doing F4 projects. You end up creating things with items you would never think about putting together. I am into altering things and junkin' it up a bit, so I made a tag. I'm really happy about how it turned out.

I used my Cameo to make the quote, cut my pumpkin in half so it would fit the length of the truck, and yes, I did jack the truck up a bit. LOL! I used Cream Seam Binding , Vintage Photo Distress Stain, and Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Spiced Marmalade for the bow on the tag. Follow the links below to locate these fab products to add to your next creative project !

Claudine Hellmuth Mediums   http://flamingoscraps.com/product/claudine-hellmuth-studio-kit-mediums/
Heidi Swapp Color Shine http://flamingoscraps.com/product/heidi-swapp-color-shine-georgia-peach/

Seam Binding - Cream  http://flamingoscraps.com/product/seam-binding-cream/



KATHLEEN'S PROJECT :


Every year, when we visit our local pumpkin patch, I always complain that I don't have a frame to put the best photo into and display during the fall season. This challenge was just the answer! I had a cheap unfinished wooden frame that I paid less than $1.00 for in my stash, so the transformation began. I covered the frame with the paper in the kit and TRIED to make the truck look realistic with multiple fall colors of Tim Holtz paints. I cut my pumpkin in half to be able to have two. We've been bringing my grandson to the pumpkin patch since he was six months old, so we established "Pete's Pumpkins" for that year.  I used my chalkboard and gel pens for the writing on the truck. The "Fall" title is from my stash and the sign post is nothing more than a painted toothpick. The orange paper in the photo slot is actually the reverse side of the plaid paper, and it will make a perfect mat for my photo.

Being a true scrapper, I hate to toss out scraps, so I used some of my leftovers to make a group invitation to put onto a bulletin board. I reversed my truck and repainted it, and used one of the pumpkin halves from my frame temporarily. The Trick or Treat bag and the bats are made from paper punches using the reverse side of the plaid paper. My date and journal tag are from my FlamingoScraps Warehouse box.

 
                                                                                                                 




 DONNA'S PROJECT:

                                  

Recipe Mini Album Cover
I first cut my recycled card board (orange packaging) to 5 x 7. It was not perfectly covered. Leaving the bare white core showing, I inked the white portions with TH distress inks, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint, distressed the edges and inked again with with Peeled Paint, then sprayed with Apple Glimmer Mist. 

Next, my patterned paper was cut to 4.5 x 6.5. I distressed the edges and inked with the Peeled Paint ink, again sprayed with the Apple Glimmer Mist and layered over the orange chip board base. I traced the chip board truck onto the orange packaging, layering it behind to add dimension to the Maya Road truck piece.

I painted the bare truck chipboard first with Wild Honey, then around the edges with Spiced Marmalade, allowing each to dry first. I then inked the edges with Spiced Marmalade. In order to use the pumpkin on my cover so it was not just one round piece, I first cut it in half and adhered the flat back to the cover. I took the remaining half and cut that in half, giving me two pieces, which I glued together to resemble a pumpkin pie.

Using the Maya Road stick pins, I inserted the large green as a stem for my pumpkin (I had to trim the pin down with wire cutters, as it was too long for the pumpkin). I added three flowers flower stick pins to the bed of the pick up truck for added interest. The recipe book is bound together using two book rings, allowing me to open and add pages as I collect my pumpkin recipes

The final addition was adding the 45 cent self adhesive price button. 




Well, that's it for another Fabulous Flamingo Four! It just goes to show that you can create wonderful projects using minimal supplies. Join us next month when Melissa, Erin, and Luanne, and Cheryl with get creative with four more mystery items from our Great and Wonderful Flock Leader. Just a reminder, all of the newest and yummiest of CHA products are now in the store from Cosmo Cricket,  Fancy Pants,   as well as the  Basic Grey 25th and Pine. So many new items I can't list them all here!!
Be sure to tune in to Ustream for another great tutorial from our very own Tonya Gibbs, on October 8th, at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gibbst.  Broadcasts are the first Monday of each month at 8:30 p.m. EDT.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails