Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Something for Sis




How many of you can't resist a bargain? Even if you don't really need it and is too good to pass up? I always check out the clearance section at any store and found that school supplies are starting to clearance out. So what did I do? I bought four of these in different colors for 25 cents each.


Then I remembered my sister's birthday is coming up and this would be great decorated for her since she is a teacher! I reached into my Flamingo Scraps Warehouse Box and found this awesome chevron paper from Carta Bella Winter Fun line called Snowed In. Cut it to size, distressed and used Prima Chalk Edgers on the edges. I painted the sides and flap with chalkboard paint (to go with the school theme). Then I added trinkets that kinda discribed my sister. The picture frame, bee, key, heart and clasp button were made out the new Mod Podge Molds and colored up with Tim Holtz Distressed Paint and Markers (special ordered from Flamingo Scraps) . I had a blast coloring these molds. The other trinkets are Tim Holtz bingo piece and a tractor button from my stash.

It's a birthday present and with any present you need a card. I love to use tags as cards. I started laying down color using the Tim Holtz Distressed Paint and inspiration from a video by Tonya Gibbs, who is the Lead Educator for Flamingo Scraps Design Team. If you haven't already, you need to check her out!


I then found this digital stamp "Camping" from Saturated Canary that fit a story my sister had just told me. I colored her up with Copics and Distressed Markers. I fussy cut her out and added little sparkle to the fire and marshmallos. Burlap ribbon and charms added a little more charm.


You can't roast marshmallos with out chocolate bars!

The tag and chocolate slide right in the pencil box for a perfect little gift.

 I hope that I inspired you to look out of the pencil box. Wouldn't these make great gifts for Christmas full of chocolates and a tag?
Happy Birthday, Sis!

Until next time!

Luann

3 comments:

  1. I have a ton of these and just couldn't toss the most out. I think these will make nice boxes for Chris candies and gift cards that can be used for pencils later. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a ton of these and just couldn't toss the most out. I think these will make nice boxes for Chris candies and gift cards that can be used for pencils later. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails