Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tribute Canvas for John

Tribute Canvas for John

How excited I was to get my Flamingo Scraps Warehouse Sale Combination Box with all the wonderful goodness.  When I saw the Teresa Collins Now & Then collection, I knew that this was just what I was waiting for my Tribute Canvas for my cousin.  


I started with a 12 x 12 canvas and applied a coat of gesso. I then painted the canvas and sides with Tim Holtz Distress Paints (available via special order - just contact Suzanne). I mixed Weathered Wood, Broken China, and a few drops of Tarnished Brass to get the color I liked. After the paint dried I mixed Liquitex Modeling Paste with a Vintage Photo Distress Paint (available at Flamingo Scraps) and applied to the canvas using a mask (stencil). 

While that was drying, I printed pictures and icons that best described my cousin.  On the little icons I used Glossy Accents to make them like charms.  I mounted the pictures using Teresa Collins Now & Then Collection as the back ground.  Now & Then Collection was perfect for the masculine feel of this canvas.  I tore, distressed and inked the edges of paper using Prima Chalk InkEdger as well as Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I found a Teresa Collins stamp set that I had with sentiments that fit perfect.

You all know that I like bling and I was faced with a dilemma…..what is man bling? Gears! Keys! Nuts!  Bolts!  Metal objects! Burlap! Cork! And of course light bulbs! Prima Tiny Junk Yard Findings, Tim Holtz idea-ology goodies, Maya Road Burlap Red Rose (for love), Fancy Pants cork heart and a few stash items cured the dilemma. By the way, Flamingo Scraps has Tim Holtz and Prima man bling, as well as Maya Road Burlap Roses.

 

 Mod-Podge was my choice to mount the pictures and sentiments.  I used Mod-Podge and Glossy Accents to adhere the man bling.

I hope you enjoy my very first project as a design team member for Flamingo Scraps.  Remember to check with Flamingo Scraps for the products I incorporated into my Tribute Canvas.  Check back often, Flamingo Scraps is getting new CHA products in every day. 

Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week! 

Luann

Note: I’m sending my Tribute Canvas to John’s mother.  I pray that this will be part of her healing process and it was of mine.  This is also a tribute to Dad...he is the one with holding John in the center.

5 comments:

  1. such a beautiful and thoughtful project -- thanks so much for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and loving tribute. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning and beautiful. Praying for healing for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tribute--very nicely done. Love all the little doodads, perfect for a guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way for his mother to remember him, not to mention the incredible love and effort you put into it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails