Friday, September 20, 2013

Peppermint Fairy

I was so excited to get this great Sizzix Garden Fairy collection of dies and stamps -- I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them in the CHA2013Winter release!


Sizzix Bigz XL die -- Available for Special Order
Sizzix wafer thin dies and stamp set --
Available for Special Order
Sizzix wafer thin dies and stamp set --
Available for Special Order














From Garden Fairies to Christmas Fairies and Angels and figures of all kinds, I knew I would find so many uses for these items!!  My favorite project so far is this Peppermint Fairy I made with the Flamingo Scraps Christmas in July Brights Kit, some of which you may be able to find in the Flamingo Scraps Giant Warehouse Box!



I cut two of each body piece from a neutral pattern from the kit and cut one of each piece from chipboard.  I used my Xyron X and 500 sticker makers to sandwich the chipboard between the two pieces of paper, inked the edges, and assembled the body with small brads.  The base of the skirt is diecut with the docraft Doily Die and covered in layers of Maya Road TuTu Tulle and Pleated Tulle and Webster's Pages tulle and feather trims.  The wings are made of a misc feather butterfly and the waist and neckline are highlighted with tiny strips of pink and clear bling.

I have wanted to make something using some of the really wonderful vintage pics I have of my family.  So inspired by Pinterest in particular, I enlarged a picture of my Grandmother Emma, printed it on regular copy paper, cut out the face and adhered it to the chipboard.  A wreath of tiny paper roses completed my fairy!  Well, almost -- I added a banner made from some leftovers from my Tonya LIVE!!! City Sidewalks kit from last fall -- see, we promise you will use everything in Tonya's kits!!!

Product List
Flamingo Scraps Christmas in July Brights Kit
Pink Paislee City Sidewalks Paper Garland 
Maya Road Tulle
Webster's Pages Trim
Sizzix Garden Fairy Dies and Stamps (special order)
docraft Doily Die  (special order)
Xyron Sticker Makers
Distress Stickles
Misc Bling
Misc Flowers
Misc Feather Butterfly
Misc Baker's Twine
Chipboard
Misc Small Brads
Vintage Photograph

Thanks so much for looking!!!

4 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails