Saturday, September 14, 2013

Using Leftovers and Scrap Papers

I am not sure how you are, but I typically do not throw away my scraps. If I can stamp or punch on the smallest area I will save it and use later. After making several projects from my Flamingo Scraps July kit I had a ton of scraps and pieces leftover from both the Merry Christmas and Winter Fun paper collections to make a 12" x 12" page. During the month of September you can get a GREAT deal on these papers, along with tons of other designer paper and embellishments in the Flamingo Scraps Warehouse Sale Combination Box.

For my page I used a 12" x 12" base designer paper, layered with an inked top layer measuring 11" x 11". I adhered strips of papers all inked with Prima edger measuring 1/2" to 1 1/2" wide using various lengths next to each other on an acute angle.


 From there I layered many of the embellishments found in the Merry Christmas collection pack on the page.





I also used a corner punch to draw your eyes out to the edge of the page.


 And two mats for pictures. 


Here is my finished page. I am really happy with how this finally turned out. At one point I had so many colors and patterns being used, I wasn't sure if I could avoid it being too busy.


Just to remind you, if you would like to visit the Flamingo Scraps Blog please click here,
 If you would like to follow on Facebook please click here
To shop and order from the store please click here

Happy Scrappin!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this--that banner background is so cute. I might have to lift this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! It sure did use up a lot of my leftovers...a good thing! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the inspirational scrap project. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails