Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It's all about me!

Well, my project is, this week, anyway. I was a little stumped on what to make. I mean, I've done pages and home decor projects and canvases and cards. I've done a December Daily and sketches and everything I can think of. So, I scoured around for inspiration and found this tutorial by Misty Rushlow on the Moxxie blog and decided that would be the way to go. So, I made a file folder mini. It's not exactly a card, and it's not exactly a mini book. It's sort of in between, and I really was excited about how it turned out!


To complete this project, I used a few goodies from the Flamingo Scraps store, and maybe even a few you will find in the Flamingo Scraps warehouse box! I specifically used Pink Paislee Mistables paper (which I am addicted to lately), Websters Pages Coral Chevron Trim, some random Prima flowers, a Melissa Frances Oval Frame, some Maya Road envelopes and alphabets, Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Tropicana Teal, Primrose, Sweet Cherry, Black Velvet, and Georgia Peach, and some other random alphas that I had lying around, plus some Jenni Bowlin pearl flowers. 


I don't know if this is complete, as I find it pretty difficult to scrapbook about myself in a journaling aspect, but I was able to get it most of the way done. I love that this album has pockets on the inside that I can add ephemera and other things that I've collected over the years to. I haven't done that yet, but I just may!

Here's a peek at the inside:


I added photos of myself as a baby, a child, my engagement photo with my then-fiancee-now-husband, and a recent family photo. Each of the envelopes has a bit of journaling on paper that follows prompts, like "My Favorite Things," "My Fears," "When I Grow Up..." and "If I knew then what I knew now..."

When's the last time you scrapbooked yourself? This week, I challenge you to do just that, and make sure you include a recent photo, as well! I know, personally, I don't get out from behind the camera often enough, and I'm sure many of you don't, either! 

Until next time,
Keep scrappin'!
Melissa

3 comments:

  1. Why do we find it so hard to treat ourselves?? You GO girl and do it more often!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your file mini. A great way to do a lot in a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! My mind is racing with all the posibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails