Saturday, September 21, 2013

play ball!

I have TONS of Pink Paislee bits and pieces in my stash - it's probably one of my favorite manufacturers out there, and it really shows because of how often their products are used in my pages!

Today, I have a special weekend edition to share with you the Flamingo Scraps Warehouse Grab Box, because we just can't get enough of it and, if you haven't ordered one already, I'm hoping to convince you today. If you haven't heard it already, there are three different versions of the box to tickle your fancy: the paper, the embellishments, and the combination! Of course, what you get in your box will vary from what I received in mine, but it is chocked full of scrappy goodness, no matter what!

And here's the latest project I came up with that uses the box:


You might recognize this as the Pink Paislee Declaration collection, that I have used on a previous page, way back with my very first Flamingo Scraps post! That time, I used it in its traditional, or themed, sense, with a page about the 4th of July. Today, however, I changed that up and used it on a page about the "Great American Past Time" and scrapped my oldest son's Little League pictures. I really liked the red, white, and blue to convey this "Great American Past Time" feel, and kept the design and layers to a minimum so that the focus was on the pictures. Not only did I use the papers from this line, but also the sticker sheet and alphas that you might see in any of the boxes! Along with the Declaration Line, I used some Fancy Pants Cork Shapes in Heart and Stars to add some dimension to a relatively flat page. I also cut a little baseball with my Silhouette to back his baseball card with his batter facts and positions played that's paper clipped under the team photo. Add a little butcher's twine and small alpha stickers from my stash, and this page was ready to use. You might also notice that I left the background as-is on this page, rather than customizing it like I typically do. This background really didn't need anything else added to it, to be honest! I really tried to find something! 

So there you have it! Have a splendid weekend, and don't forget to order yourself a warehouse box today, before supplies run out!

Keep scrappin'!
Melissa

4 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails