Wednesday, September 18, 2013

For today's post, I have chosen a 12 x 12 layout. It was a beautiful day with my family on the grounds of the historic Vanderbilt Mansion in Hyde Park, NY.
This is Donna, and this is my first design team post. After two guest design posts in July, I am so thrilled to be part of an awesome team!
I have used the Hope Chest collection by Pink Paislee from my Flamingo Scraps warehouse box, an incredible amount of goodies packed into one box! The possibilities are endless! This layout only used just a fraction of what's in the box!


I started with my background paper adding some embossed details using Tim Holtz Fabulous Flourishes stamp and one found object in my house. Here is where I chose my ink and spray color pallet. TH distress ink, rusty hinge to pick up the brick color in the photos, and two Glimmer Mist sprays, mustard seed and gumdrops, to blend with the paper pallet.



This photo shows the hidden journaling tag on the page and my ink/spray colors, and was also adhered with a stronger glue to reinforce the edges when the journaling tag is taken out and put back in. Each photo was matted with an 1/8" border, using patterned paper and inking the edges. I then decided on how I would embellish my page.



The scalloped fabric trim was Glimmer Mist'd, dried and cut to form my flowers for the page.



I knew I was going to want one flower on the edge of the page, the center flower, so it did not need to be a
perfect flower.


This white trim was also misted with the same two colors as the above flowers. I used these as flower center and also placed a couple on my page alone. I misted them with the Mustard seed first, dried, then misted again with the Gumdrops. No two will come out alike! 



With Webster's tutu trim, I simply took the piece and knotted one end and trimmed close to the knot to get the little pom pom flower. A dot of glue will hold the knot in place




This corner of my layout, I first fussy cut the legs from one of the papers, knowing I was going to overlap this onto one of my photos, I did not adhere it down completely at this point. With a piece of 'waffle' shelf liner I embossed directly over my piece, then stamped directly over the embossing, filling in the imperfect embossed image. 



Here is where I fussy cut another piece of patterned paper, cutting it so it was part of the background, but also overlay one of the photos. It also helps keep my hidden journaling flap down when it's closed.




A corner view with a flower cluster with butterfly clips and the embossed/stamped detail.


Here are two butterflies from the collection, they come in white and off white, 2 of each. I misted one with Gumdrops again. When misting on different paper surfaces, you get different tonal effects which makes each have there own look, but still coordinate together! 

Products used
Paper Collection
Label Stickers
Paper Goods
Prima Washi Tape stamp "123456"
TH distress embossing powder Peeled Paint (Special Order)
TH distress ink, Rusty Hinge (Special Order)
Stamper's Anonymous TH Fabulous Flourishes, large stamp (Special Order)
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Gumdrops and Mustard Seed (Special Order)
Webster's Sparklers (bottom flower center) 
White Daisy Trim, misted with TA mists

Hope you have enjoyed a day in the garden with us as I created my layout.
These photos were taken so many years ago, it was fun to relive the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails