Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Travel Photo Box

While attempting to clean my scrapbook room this past week I discovered several photo envelopes, filled with random pictures from several of our beach trips, just thrown in a drawer.  Needing to get them organized, I decided to recreate a project that I taught from my weekly card class. For my Design Team project today with Flamingo Scraps, I decided I would make a travel photo box. Inside the box are six file folders to keep track of your trip highlights.

For the box, I started with a 12" x 12" piece of black card scored at 4 1/2" x 7 1/2". Turn the paper and score again at 3" x 9".  Crease and enforce the score lines.


 The box base is then assembled and the sides secured with a staple on both sides.


For the lid I used another piece of black card stock cut to 8 1/8" x 5 1/8" and scored at 1" on all four sides. The four corners were cut, tapered, adhesive was applied, and then the tabs were folded and secured to the inside of the lid.

I cut two 2-3/4" x 4-1/4" and two 4-1/4" x 5-3/4" panels of the Well Traveled paper collection from Carta Bella. I inked the edges with the Prima Dark Rust chalk edger and adhered them on the box bottom and then two 3/4" x 2-7/8"inked strips, two 3/4" x 5-7/8" inked strips, and one 2-7/8" x 5-7/8" inked panel. I added adhesive and adhered them to the lid.



I inked, layered, and applied several of the element stickers to the front of the box.





 For my file folders, I cut six 9" x 5-1/2" pieces of black card stock. Scored and folded each one at 4-1/2" and layered six inked 5-1/2" x 4-1/8" panels and adhered them to the front of each folder. I then used my We Are Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board on the top edge of each six pieces of black card stock to create the file folder effect.





Here is my finished travel box. Making this was so much fun.


You could also use this to store your 4" x 6" photo's, A2 cards, or maybe as a recipe card organizer. Lot's of creative ideas. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Check out and "like" Flamingo Scraps Facebook page here and their online store here.

I hope you have fun making this too.

HAPPY SCRAPPIN!



13 comments:

  1. Cheryl..I think that box is adorable!! Love the paper and embellies....so appropriate. You did a great job!!! Now if you would just send it to me I would love it!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Carolyn! I always can depend on you cheering me on! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I am going to try my hand at this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luann. The trickiest part is after you do your scoring, you have to fold the outside edge to the bottom first score line. If you get turned around on this, just shoot me an email!!

      Delete
  4. Cheryl - I LOVE THIS IDEA! Awesome recipe box too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tonya. In my class we used this as an A2 card holder, but it can serve many purposes. I am making my Mom one as an address file.

      Delete
  5. this is an amazing project -- so versatile!!! and I am measuring challenged so thanks for the measurements!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Suzanne. Would love to see what you make too!

      Delete
  6. Love, love, love this one. Thank you for a great turorial. Now i have to buy a envelope punch board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lena...I know where you can get one...Flamingo Scraps! Thank you for your kind words

      Delete
  7. Holy scrap I will be making these for gift and cookie boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy scrap I will be making these for gift and cookie boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails